
Actress Dascha Polanco had to share:
On the birth of her first child: “She’s a blessing, a miracle baby but for a first experience it was difficult. Nothing’s wrong with it; it just makes it a little more challenging. The only person that was by my side was my mother.”
On life after her mother’s death : “I remember having to find somebody to stay with my daughter because I didn’t want to stop school, and I couldn’t stop working. It was raining, and I was like, ‘Who can I trust that is not my mom?’
I realized you have to put your armor on; you have to become a warrior, because family is not there.”
On her battle with depression: “Mental health is a big issue and I think it’s ignored a lot in the Latino community. It’s very interesting, the
times I’ve felt that I can’t breathe emotionally, and I react to things in a very impulsive manner– where it’s anger or crying. And being able to
speak to somebody about that was kind of a revelation that it was okay for me to feel depressed.”
No comments:
Post a Comment