English musician, DJ, singer and record producer Mark Daniel Ronson wound up on the Winter 2015 cover of Los Angeles Confidential magazine. Mark discusses how he made a name for himself, which stated “When I became known... it was because I was DJing fashion parties. And suddenly it goes from music heads knowing your name to seeing your name in the news¬paper. It’s so easy for everyone to say, ‘Oh, he just got that because his mom is the cool woman around town and his dad is a musi¬cian,’ and, obviously, that used to drive me crazy. But no, I spent ten years paying my dues at these clubs. That’s why people know me: because I’m good at what I do!”Ronson adds, “It’s probably good that I didn’t get my first success until I was 30 because I appreciated it so much [more] by the time it came, I was a bit of an idiot and partied quite a lot around 2006, 2007, but there was no way that I was going to squander it in the way that I might have done if it had. I thought, ‘I can’t make bangers and crazy beats that are going to compare with DJ Snake and Hudson Mohawke at this point in my career. But what I can do is make the grown-man version of that: great musicianship, sophisticated arrangements, soulful vocals, and good Pop tunes.”
No comments:
Post a Comment